Windpipe Transplant Breakthrough
Sounds gross - but once you read how scientists grew a new windpipe from a woman's own cells - it puts the possible applications into perspective.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Salt, mustard, vinegar, pepper, French almond rock. Bread and butter for our supper, That’s all mother’s got. Eggs and bacon, salted heron, Pease pudding in a pot, Pickled onions, apple pudding, We will eat the lot. Audrey, Cooper, lay the table Don’t forget the Salt, Mustard, Vinegar, Pepper...
2 comments:
Wow! It seems miraculous yet simple. The graphics were neat.
I wonder if they could do the same with an artificial windpipe "scaffold"? Could the patient's own tissues be grown around the artificial windpipe to prevent infection? Then again, I guess donor windpipes aren't in short supply.
I don't know about an artificial scaffold - maybe one day they will have different sizes and one could be fitted like contact lenses.
Post a Comment